Saturday, January 09, 2016

Canon Pixma B200 error

My Canon Pixma MP550 printer went out of ink. I bought new cartridges and the first thing I did when I got home was to try to change them.

I started the printer to check which cartridge was empty. I tried to get to the ink level menu, but the printer brought the B200 error calling for a real technicians and instructing me to unplug the power cord and leave him be.

I decided the error didn't matter, since I can change all the cartridges, as they happen to run out of ink simultaneously, and opened the service cover. Well, needless to say the printer simply showed B200 again as hesitant to bother with anything.

After a short search I came upon various videos on how to fix this. And one of the videos contained a comment with a great link to Tom's Hardware blog.

Inside I found the following steps on how to workaround the issue:
  1. Turn OFF Power
  2. Open the print head bay (as though you were about to change inks)
  3. Turn ON power
  4. Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way
  5. Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.
  6. Leave the Printer turned on
  7. Good to go.

No comments:

id_rsa.pub: invalid format, error in libcrypto

After I upgraded my Linux and got Python 3.10 by default, it turned out that Ansible 2.9 will no longer run and is unsupported together with...